Have you ever asked yourself that question? Well I guess it’s pretty common and I’m not nearly as special as I’d hoped to be ha ha but really! Today as I sit here trying to think of my future and what I would LOVE to see happen… I figured I should blog about it.
I find myself, along with many other unfortunate people, laid off. What a shame! But if I’m going to be honest… it’s not a shame at all for me. In fact… I think it’s the best thing that could have happened! You see… 2 weeks before getting laid off I said to my husband Pat that I seriously felt like I was gonna have a heart attack! Being is sales has always been great for me. As much as I love a challenge… facing the fact that the product that I was selling in a good economy was very difficult and with this economy is was becoming near impossible!
I worked harder than I’ve ever worked before! What was so upsetting was that I didn’t see a lot of fruit from my labour! Not to mention that the fruit was getting harder and harder to produce… and no I didn’t sell fruit lol
So here I sit reflecting on what it is that I want to do. Here’s what I know for SURE!!!
1. I want a job that I LOVE.
2. I want to wear jeans (or better yet shorts), t-shirts and converse! I’m casual and need to dress as such for a living!
3. I want to make people laugh… and if I could get paid for it well HELLO! That would be freakin AWESOME!
4. I want to impact this world on a LARGER scale! Making people laugh and bringing them joy! IS there ANYTHING better to do?
5. I want an “appropriate” amount of stress but with BIG benefits! Now I know this sounds odd to want ANY stress but I don’t think it’s possible to avoid it so if I’m gonna have it… let it be the right amount so I can handle it!
Now that I’ve written out what “I want” let me jot down what my DREAM jobs would be…
1. I’d LOVE to be on SNL. Or a show like that!
2. I’d LOVE to have my OWN talk show!
3. I’d LOVE to do Stand-Up!
4. I’d LOVE to do comedy (Film, TV and or commercials)
5. I’d LOVE to make it BIG in Canada!
Here are the things I’m currently doing to make the above mentioned things happen…
1. Taking Improv classes at Second City – and LOVING every MINUTE of it!
2. Working on my Stand-Up routine – all while sitting down.
3. Writing out my ideas for future videos that I want to do.
4. Spreading the word. Talking to as many people as I can and getting some sound advice!
5. Watching a LOT of videos and or shows with comedians!
Oh I also want to mention some of the interesting things that’s happened recently!
1. I got asked to be interviewed by Jeff Roney. Said YES! And had an AWESOME chat and interview with him. Jeff said he was hoping our interview would be ready for May 6th, 2009 so be sure to click on the following link and bookmark his site! Check him out.. GREAT guy! www.roneyzone.com
2. Went to my Dentist for an appointment and was asked if I would supply them with my picture so they could hang it on their wall saying “Kelly G! Gets her teeth done here” lol Still blown away by that and would love to see the reactions of people who see my picture saying who the heck is Kelly G!? Lol I’m totally flattered and hope that they’ll be ok with a LIFE size photo of me.
3. @raincoaster requested my LIFTing picture… the one where I LIFTed the Canadian Mountie. So that picture will be entered in a contest… hope they win lol
4. Had @jackassletters mention me in his blog… check it out > http://tinyurl.com/cn4j5b
5. Made a NEW video that is doing really well cause of all my friends taking the time to watch it and pass it on for others to see as well… so thank you EVERYONE who’s helping with that!
My life would not be nearly as great if it weren’t for the MANY cheerleaders I have in my life cheering me on… telling me I can do it! I want to thank you all so much and to ask you to please continue to cheer me on… it’s so helpful and I honestly couldn’t do it without you!
I hope that I’ll be fortunate enough to be uplifting to you all and even make you laugh from time to time!
Thank you and God BLESS you!
Please feel free to comment with your suggestions and or thoughts!